Sunday, March 10, 2013

Costa Rica

After a few days of readjusting to 'normal' (and colder) life I'm finally getting around to sharing the highlights of our week of paradise in Guanacaste Costa Rica! Mr. and I were invited on the trip by his parents along with his younger brother. The entire week was a 'Thank You' business owners (like my in laws) for selling the products of larger companies and representing a brand. We stayed at the Four Seasons Resort but also got to see the countryside. The country was beautiful and a perfect getaway to destress and give us enough vitamin D to hold us over until summer vacations.

Top 10 highlights:
1. Ziplining at 120ft with speeds of 30mph in the jungle [and once upside down!]
2. Daily gifts waiting on my bed at night including a canvas beach bag, Costa Rican cookbook and sauces, a bag of coffee, CD of a local mucician, and $50 of monoploly money to be used as real money at a local market
3. Endless hours by the pool and on the beach with my Mr. [umbrella drinks in hand]
4. Riding ATV's through the countryside and creeks and ending up covered in dirt
5. Breakfast buffet every morning including bottomless Costa Rican coffee, fresh squeezed juice of the day and delicious food [I probably ate a pound of their homemade granola over the course of the week]
6. My first Brazilian buffet experience [10 types of all you can eat meat cut straight off of a large skewer onto your plate]
7. Morning hikes and walks on the beach to work off all the buffet food
8. A river cruise where I saw more crocodiles and lizards more close up than I am comfortable with
9. Seeing and hearing Howler monkeys in almost every tree
10. The feeling of coming home from a vacation back to OUR home for the first time [we decided our honeymoon didn't count because we were moving in for the first time]

The travel bug is in me to the nth degree these days. As much as it is fun to dream of the next thing, I am loving the stage of life we are in. Even with Harley, we have the luxury of picking up and getting away just the two of us. Even if its just trying out a new restaurant down the street, new experiences and adventures with my Mr. are my favorite. Time to dream up our next adventure!













5 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun trip- perfect combination of relaxing and exploring! I have always wanted to do zip-lining somewhere cool like that! I too have a major travel bug- maybe I need to plan a trip to Costa Rica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are a seriously good looking couple!! Looks like so much fun!!
    You're getting me all excited for vacation now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had an amazing time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Thanks for sharing these great pictures of your trip.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest 2 posts 'Channeling Audrey' and 'Nautical with Orange Accents'. Hope you like it.

    Have a great Wednesday,
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.bogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are so great! Looks like you guys had a really fun trip. And I am so jealous that you got to go ziplining! I've always wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete