Monday, August 5, 2013

Create!

Lately I've been letting "real life" get the best of my creative side. Between work, household duties, and summer outings I have neglected all of my right brained hobbies. I made a new commitment to be intentional about making time for these things that make me so happy: sewing, crafting, drawing, painting, creating, reading, singing, & music. 

Last night I got a sudden urge to purge my closet of everything I didn't wear. 50+  items later and I feel like a new woman! A few items I saw potential to create pieces I've been wanting but have not bought due to our "pay off all my school loans fast as possible budget" So I created them!! 

My first project was making a pair of Lacey ripped up shorts from an old pair of jeans. I really just winged it but they turned out perfect! All you need is scissors, lace, a sewing machine, and YouTube and Pinterest guidance! 

The other thing I've been wanting in my wardrobe is a jean jacket vest. Turns out I had an old Gap jean jacket that I probably wore twice in the 5 years I've had it. So, with the help of scissors, my sewing machine and a little bleach, I created just what I've been wanting. 

This turned out to be such a therapeutic night! I found a quote that says "Unlock Potential: Create Daily". That may have I be my new mantra for life. 

Happy Creating! 

xoxo,
Mrs. Artsy Fartsy

No comments:

Post a Comment