Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day & 16 week bumpdate

After this weekend, I can't help but be filled with lots of love for life right now. This weekend was so "normal" and that's what I loved most about it. I know culturally, there is so much commercializations around Valentine's Day and pressure from all sides for extravagant expressions of love. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers and hearts and chocolate but the bottom line is: I just want to feel thought of and loved, as well as show that I think of and love Weston. He did a great job of that, like he does throughout the year.

Earlier in the week I got a surprise delivery of roses and chocolate, and was told that reservations were made for us for dinner Saturday night. I worked Wednesday through Friday so I was thankful when Saturday rolled around. We spent the morning sleeping in, Weston made a delicious breakfast, we watched some CMT music videos (a favorite morning activity of ours  when were home together on weekends) then tackled our to-do list. Yes, we spent a majority of Valentine's day dusting, cleaning, organizing, vacuuming, filing bills and getting a head start on taxes. Just working together and being productive made for the best day. Then Weston made Mac&cheese with hot dogs slices in it for lunch (a recent & frequent  craving of mine) and we did some nursery and home improvement brainstorming and shopping. We got dressed up and went out for a nice dinner and were home by 7pm to watch the NBA all-star events. Not a glamorous Valentine's Day, yet definitely  one of my favorites yet.
Baby also decided to pop a little just for the occasion! I still feel more bloated than bumpin most days, but I'm thankful for a healthy babe and healthy body. I have been feeling great and noticing increasing energy every week. I invested in and started wearing an amazing pair of maternity jeans from H&M. Despite the crazy vivid dreams I  still love my sleep and am debating the investment in a "pregnancy pillow" more and more every night since I'm a belly sleeper by nature and now confined to my sides. I will say that for that reason our memory foam mattress topper was probably one of the best investments I've ever made. I've still been craving anything salty, red meat, strawberries and oranges, and any kind of cooked veggie. I can't believe next month we'll have our big anatomy ultrasound  find out if this little one is a boy or girl! We both have boy gut feelings and all of my friends and family have said the same.Time will tell!

xoxo,
Mrs. Feeling Loved

No comments:

Post a Comment