Saturday, February 28, 2015

DIY: Essential Oil {anti-stretch mark} Belly Butter


Ever since I took the leap of ordering a Young Living starter kit last June, I've been loving the journey of learning and using essential oils in my day to day life. Most recently, I've been researching how they can be used during pregnancy. I'm lucky to have knowledgable friends who have taught me the ropes of this new realm of healthy living. Today I made a little homemade belly butter to help prevent stretch marks during my pregnancy. I know genetics and gradual weight gain are the two main factors that determine if they show up or not, but there are most definitely benefits to keeping my skin healthy, nourished and hydrated! Even if it helps minimize or fade the ones genetics may give me I'll be happy! 

Recipie 
1/2 cup organic coconut oil 
1 cup base lotion {I used shea butter with vitamin E in it}
7 drops grapefruit essential oil 
5 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops frankincense essential oil


I melted the coconut oil in a glass bowl added the essential oils **I just made up the ratio of drops based on what I wanted for the scent. All three of these essential oils are known for their skin healing and rejuvenating benefits** then whipped in the base lotion. As it cools the coconut oil will solidify. I reused an old candle jar to hold my finished product !

Disclaimer: always use glass when handling of storing essential (especially citrus ones) since they are so powerful they will break down plastic. 

xoxo,
Mrs. Beginner Oiler 

No comments:

Post a Comment