Friday, January 25, 2013

Cold weather survival.

I don't know about the rest of the country, but central PA is officially an ice cube! My phone and car have been telling me it feels like single digit temperatures or the past week. Not cool. Cold? Heck yes. But not cool.

I've been surviving by cooking up some good old fashioned comfort food, bunkering down inside whenever I'm not at work, and layering out the wazoo.

Luckily snow is on it's way! Once the world is pretty and white, the chilly air isn't so unbearable. Stay warm friends and happy weekend!


$8 puffy coat I snagged at Goodwill for extra warmth

Mac and cheese, the ultimate comfort food


My all time favorite cookbook.


At these moments I wish I live in a state where self service didn't exhist
Farkle is our new favorite game

2 comments:

  1. $8 for a coat like that?! What a steal! I live in Chicago and it is freezing here too. I'm all about warm comfort foods to keep me warm. That mac and cheese looks delicious!

    Fanny
    www.pinstripedpenguin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe it myself, definitely one of my best goodwill finds :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete