So far, 2013 is off to a wonderful start. In one week we
-joined a gym. (I know, I know just like everyone else who made health related resolutions)
-bought cute new workout clothes to wear to the gym (yes this motivates me more than it should)
-got a haircut. (attached to my length so I just requested a trim to healthily my ends)
Simple accomplishments, yes, but I am more motivated for self improvement than any previous first week of January. I will be 23 (yikes!) this week and with my Mr. by my side we are ready to become our best selves this year! My tips to all of you new year optimists (advice which I will need to be following as well)
1. Find an accountability partner. Goals are a lot easier to achieve when you're not alone in the journey!
2. Take it one day at a time. It's easy to be discouraged when looking at the big picture.
3. Journal your progress. Baby steps can be discouraging along the way, but reflecting back on how far you've come can be the best motivation!
4. Be patient. Big changes that are going to last won't and shouldn't happen over night! (despite what advertisements may claim)
5. Be consistent. Whether its a note on your fridge or mirror or an alarm set on your phone, remind yourself daily of your goals.
“We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.”
― Richard G. Scott
Happy Goal Reaching!